Coffs Harbour City Council
27 November 2020
Extraordinary Council Meeting
The above meeting will be held in the Council Administration Building
Cnr Coff and Castle Streets, Coffs Harbour on:
Wednesday, 2 December 2020
The meeting commences at 5.00pm and your attendance is requested.
1. Opening of Extraordinary Meeting
2. Acknowledgment of Country
3. Public Forum
4. Disclosure of Interest
6. Leaves of Absence
7. Mayoral Minute
8. Rescission Motion
9. Consideration of Confidential Items (if any)
10. Close of Extraordinary Meeting
RM20/05 Rescission Motion - Coffs Harbour Airport Long Term Lease - Stage 4 Preferred Tenderer Lease Negotiations and Execution.............. 3
ATT1 RM20/05 CONFIDENTIAL Lease Negotiations Report
Confidential in accordance with Section 10A(2)(c) of the Local Government Act as it contains information that would, if disclosed, confer a commercial advantage on a person with whom the Council is conducting (or proposes to conduct) business.
Councillors Swan, Townley and Amos have given notice of their intention to move the following rescission motion:
That the resolution 2020/264 titled Coffs Harbour Airport Long Term Lease - Stage 4 Preferred Tenderer Lease Negotiations and Execution, set out below, be rescinded.
1. Note the outcome of the lease negotiations with the preferred tenderer (Confidential Attachment 1).
2. Delegate the General Manager authority to execute on behalf of Council the Implementation Agreement, Equity Commitment Deed, Airport Lease, Airport Lease Supplemental Deed, Transitional Services Agreement, Development Agreement and Independent Certifier Deed (Confidential Attachment 2).
3. Request a report on the holding structure and governance arrangements for funds received from the airport lease.
4. Note the development of a joint communication plan with the preferred tenderer.
If the motion is successful, we intend to move the following:
That Council not proceed with the long term lease of the Airport at this time.