CoffS Harbour CITY COUNCIL
Extraordinary Council Meeting
Council Administration Building
Cnr Coff and Castle Streets, Coffs
ON Monday 13 January 2020 AT Immediately following 5.00pm meeting
PRESENT: Cr Denise Knight, Cr Michael Adendorff, Cr Paul Amos, Cr George Cecato, Cr Keith Rhoades, Cr Tegan Swan, Cr Sally Townley
STAFF: General Manager, Director Sustainable Infrastructure, Acting Director Business Services, Acting Director Sustainable Communities and Executive Assistant
Opening of EXTRAOrdinary Meeting
The meeting commenced at 5.18pm with the Mayor, Cr D Knight in the chair.
We respectfully acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we meet, the Gumbaynggirr people, who have cared for this land forever. We pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging, and commit ourselves to a future with reconciliation and renewal at its heart.
The Mayor reminded the Chamber that the meeting was to be recorded and live audio streamed, and that no other recordings of the meeting would be permitted.
No disclosures of inerest.
That an apology received from Councillor John Arkan for unavoidable absence be received and accepted.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
No requests for leave of absence.
A response to an external agency tender by a Council commercial business unit is in essence a “binding bid” in that it binds the business unit to enter a contract for the tendered works if the business unit’s tender submission is ultimately accepted as the winning bid by the external agency.
Council’s recent adoption of a motion to require all future contracts with a value exceeding $250,000 to be reported to Council prior to execution therefore also requires any commercial bid exceeding $250,000 from any of Council’s commercial units to also be reported to Council prior to it being submitted to an external agency.
The purpose of this report therefore is to request that Council authorises the release of Commercial Bids from Council’s Coastal Works Business Unit in response to five known tender opportunities issued by external agencies which will need to be submitted before Council’s next meeting in February 2020.
That Council authorises the release the following Tender Responses from Council’s Coastal Works Commercial Business Unit:
1. Client Tweed Shire Council – Tweed IRD63 – Tender for embankment slip repairs using no fines concrete blocks;
2. Client Byron Shire Council – 2019-0046 – Tender for water main replacement connecting Yamble Reservoir with the reticulation network in Ocean Shores;
3. Client Clarence Valley Council – Bushfire Natural Disaster – Armidale Road Bridge replacement, using rock anchors and “InQuik” modular bridge components;
4. Client Clarence Valley Council – Bushfire Natural Disaster – Kangaroo Creek Road Bridge replacement, using bored piles and “InQuik” modular bridge components;
5. Client Clarence Valley Council – Bushfire Natural Disaster – Ramornie Station Road Bridge replacement, using driven piles and “InQuik” modular bridge components.
The Motion on being put to the meeting was carried unanimously.
The Meeting closed at 5.23pm.
Confirmed: 13 February 2020